Forms and Procedures under CST

September 19th, 2012

Procedures under CST


Procedures under State Vat law applies to CST  in many cases CST Act and Rules prescribe very few procedures like forms for registration and concessional rate of purchase. In case of other procedures like returns, appeal, refund, interest, penalties, recovery etc., provisions as per State laws apply.
Registration of a dealer Every dealer who effects inter-state sale is required to register with State sales tax authorities who are empowered to grant registration under CST Act. Application should be in form ‘A’. Security has to be furnished. Certificate of registration will be in form ‘B’.
All items must be included in registration certificate All items of purchase and sale must be included in CST Registration Certificate. Otherwise, these are not eligible for purchase at concessional rate.
Forms under CST Act Form C, E-I/E-II, F, G, H, I and J have been prescribed to avail concessional rate of CST. Form C and E-I/E-II and F are required to be collected and submitted on quarterly basis. In case of forms H, I and J, no time limit has been prescribed. F form is to be obtained on monthly basis.
Loss of C form If C form is lost, indemnity bond in form G is to be given and then duplicate C form can be issued.

Prescribed forms under CST

Following are the forms prescribed under CST (Registration and Turnover) Rules, 1957.

Form Description Frequency
A Application for registration Once
B Certificate of Registration Once
C Declaration by purchasing registered dealer to obtain goods at concessional rate To be obtained for every quarter and submitted on quarterly basis
D Form of certificate for making government purchases (D form cannot be issued in case of sale made to Government on or after 1-4-2007) No question arises after 1-4-2007.
E-I/E-II Certificates for sale in transit To be obtained for every quarter and submitted on quarterly basis
F Form by branch/consignment agent for goods received on stock transfer Monthly, but to be submitted to authorities quarterly
G Indemnity bond when C form lost When required
H Certificate of Export Upto the time of assessment by first assessing authority.
I Certificate by SEZ unit Not specified in rules (but should be submitted before assessment).
J Certificate to be issued by foreign diplomatic mission or consulate in India or the UN Agency Upto the time of assessment by first assessing authority.
Comments are closed.